Stop eating chicken in KFC

Stop eating chicken in KFC

Post Reference : Visit This Link


Stop eating chicken in KFC . share this message for all of : Yasser Arafat, a city-based businessman, was shocked to find a worm wriggling in a piece of chicken he had just bought from the popular KFC outlet on DB Road in the city on Friday afternoon.

He had gone to the outlet with his friends to pick up a takeaway. They purchased a bucket of chicken and some drinks and headed home. Arafat spotted the worm soon after they began eating. He immediately handed over the contaminated food to the food safety wing and an inspection will soon be conducted at the outlet. Meanwhile, a picture of the wormy chicken is doing the rounds on social media. “When I informed the KFC outlet, they sent two people to my house. They told me that they would replace my order. I was doubly shocked at their callousness,” said Arafat.

According to Arafat, a senior manager from the outlet also visited his house and reportedly told him that the best they could do was replace their order. “He did not seem to be concerned that I could take an action against the outlet,” Arafat said. He has a copy of the receipt from KFC issued at 2.14pm on June 27 for a bill amount of 640.

“We were hoping that the outlet authorities would have reacted with responsibility. When they failed to show any maturity, we decided to go public,” said Shakeel Bhasha, another city businessman who was there when the worm was found.

Employees of the KFC outlet refused to comment. However, an official email reply from Genesis Burson Marsteller, in charge of communications for KFC outlets in India, has acknowledged receiving a complaint from a customer about a ‘foreign object’ in the food served at the Coimbatore outlet. The official response issued by Vidushi Khera, senior consulting associate of the firm, also stated that chicken served at KFC outlets are sourced and cooked after following stringent food safety norms.

Meanwhile R Kathiravan, designated officer for the Coimbatore unit of the food safety wing, acknowledged that the sample had been handed over to them. He also added that they would inspect the outlet on Saturday to ensure there were no violations. “We will record and forward the collected samples to our lab for further analysis and will proceed based on the lab report,” said Kathiravan.

In a similar incident reported from Kerala the Food safety department had closed down a KFC outlet at Thiruvananthapuram in October 2012 when a customer found worms in the chicken.